BI-7020/40 Thermo-mechanical fatigue (TMF) testing is a complex and demanding strain controlled testing under programmable temperature variations. Instron offers a comprehensive solution for such testing that requires simulating of synchronised heating and cooling of specimens combined with mechanical loading with real time thermal strain compensation.
- Fully integrated standalone systems rated from100 kN
- Digital servo-controlled induction heating2 and pneumatic air cooling
- Self-aligning, self-locking, zero backlash water cooled hydraulic grips to test threaded and tubular samples
- Thermocouple based/non-contact type temperature measurements available
- Encoder based displacement measurements with 0.1 µm resolution
- 1µm resolution extensometer rated for 1200 °C operations
- Real time thermal strain compensation