Hydraulic Dual Side Actng Grips (Premium), 600kN
W-5420 | Hydraulic Dual Side Actng Grips (Premium), 600kN
Premium Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips Capacity 600kN (135,000 lbf, 60,000 kgf)
Set of 600kN Dual Side Acting Hydraulic Grips. Both sides of the grip are powered. Patent-pending DuraSync® design allows opposing clamping surfaces to travel in a synchronized motion to provide automatic on-center clamping of specimens. Capable of testing slightly bent or irregular specimens such as rebar or wire rod. Includes grip clamp/un-clamp/neutral controls on ergonomic handset.
Standard Specimen Applications:
Premium grips can be configured for testing standard flat and round specimens.
Requires W-5411 and/or W-5412 jaw faces ordered separately.
Specimen Range - Standard Specimens:
- Flats: 0 - 100 mm (0 - 3.94 in) thick x 110 mm (4.33 in) wide
- Rounds: 3 - 60 mm (0.12 - 2.36 in) diameter
Theoretical minimum specimen length is 230 mm (9.06 in) for standard specimens - *See note 1 below
Wire Strand Applications:
Premium grips can be configured for wire strand testing.
Requires W-5421 holders and W-5404* wire strand inserts.
Specimen Range - Wire Strand Specimens:
Cable: 5 - 25 mm (3/16 - 1 in) diameter
Theoretical minimum specimen length is 457 mm (18.00 in) for cable specimens - *See note 1 below
Thru-Zero (negative load) Applications:
Premium grips can be configured for thru zero type tests.
Requires W-5422 and W-5423* and/or W-5424* jaw faces - Maximum frequency for thru zero testing is 1 hertz
Specimen Range - Thru Zero Specimens:
- Flats (Thru Zero): 0 - 75 mm (0 - 2.95 in) thick x 110 mm (4.33 in) wide
- Rounds (Thru Zero): 3 - 60 mm(0.12 - 2.36 in) diameter
Theoretical minimum specimen length is 256 mm (10.12 in) for standard thru zero specimens - *See note 1 below
NOTE: Requires Load Frame capable of through-zero (cyclic) loading. Consult Factory for load frame requirements.
Ambient temperature use only
Upper and Lower Fittings: Type IIAfRH (M72 x 3)
Weight per Grip Body: 476 kg (1050 lbs)
Grip Assembly Dimensions W x L x D: 705 mm (27.75 in) x 446 mm (17.55 in) x 360 mm (14.16 in)
Effective Length per assembly using standard interface kit: 572 mm (22.50 in)
- Theoretical minimum specimen lengths are without the use of an extensometer, with zero clearance between upper and lower grips, and can be test frame dependent.
- Hydraulic hoses, manifolds and mounting hardware when purchased with a new KPX/KX testing system are provided. (Select mounting options corresponding to load frame model. Consult IPG Business Team for all other applications.)
- Order mounting kit matching frame test opening configuration See W-5420-*.
- CAUTION! When testing slightly bent or curved specimens, clamping side load imbalances in excess of 6 kN (1,350 lbf) will likely damage the grips.
- Separate Pump (2718-333 with E2 option) is required to be quoted with grips on EM system.
|Accessory Weight||476 kg (1,050 lb)|
|Accessory Width||705 mm (27.8 in)|
|Capacity||600 kN (135,000 lbf)|
|Lower Effective Length||446 mm (17.5 in)|
|Lower Fitting||Type IIA|
|Temperature Rating||+ 10 to +50°C (+50 to +120°F)|
|Upper Effective Length||446 mm (17.5 in)|
|Upper Fitting||Type IIA (M72 x 3P RHf) or Bolt Flange|
Instron® hydraulic side-acting grips are an innovative solution for high capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability and operator safety over traditional grip designs. These grips maintain a constant clamping force on the specimen that acts perpendicular to the direction of testing and is independent of tensile loading.
- 1.1 MB