Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 250kN
W-5450 | Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 250kN
Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips Capacity 250kN (50,000 lbf, 25,000 kgf)
For connection to EM and other systems without an integral IPG hydraulic power supply.
Set of 250kN Dual Side Acting Hydraulic Grips. Both sides of the grip are powered. Patent-pending DuraSync® design allows opposing clamping surfaces to travel in a synchronized motion to provide automatic on-center clamping of specimens. Capable of testing slightly bent or irregular specimens such as rebar or wire rod.
- Flats: 0 - 60 mm (0 - 2.36 in) thick x 80 mm (3.15 in) wide
- Rounds: 3 - 60 mm (0.12 - 2.36 in) diameter
Theoretical minimum specimen length is 170 mm (6.68 in) for standard specimens. Theoretical minimum specimen length is without the use of an extensometer, with zero clearance between upper and lower grips, and can be test frame dependent.
Ambient temperature use only
Weight per Grip Body: 165 kg (365 lbs)
Grip Assembly Dimensions: W x L x D: 533 mm (21.0 in) x 366 mm (31.2 in) x 232 mm (9.1 in)
Grip faces sold separately: Use W-5451, W-5452 series grip faces for standard specimens
- Hydraulic hoses, manifolds and mounting hardware are not included. (Select mounting options corresponding to load frame the machine grips are to be used on. Consult EM Business Team for all other applications.)
- Separate Pump 2718-333 is required to be quoted with grips.
- CAUTION! When testing slightly bent or curved specimens, clamping side load imbalances in excess of 5 kN (1,124 lbf) will likely damage the grips.
- IP-2005 with applicable language select must be included with quote and order.
|Accessory Weight||175 kg (385 lb)|
|Accessory Width||533 mm (21.0 in)|
|Capacity||250 kN (56,200 lbf)|
|Lower Effective Length||254 mm (10 in)|
|Lower Fitting||Type II (M48 x 2 LH) Type I (M30 x 2 LH) Type D (1.25” connection with 1/2” clevis pin)|
|Temperature Rating||+10 to +50°C (+50 to +120°F)|
|Upper Effective Length||254 mm (10 in)|
|Upper Fitting||Type II (M48 x 2 LH) Type I (M30 x 2 LH) Type D (1.25” connection with 1/2” clevis pen)|
- Jaw faces for Flats (Tungsten Carbide Coating 0 - 60 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Flats (Concentric Grooves, 1 mm pitch, 0 - 60 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Flats (Concentric Grooves, 2 mm pitch, 0 - 60 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Rounds (V-Serrated, 20 TPI; 3 - 10 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Rounds (V-Serrated, 16 TPI; 10 - 35 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Rounds (V-Serrated, 10 TPI; 35 - 60 mm)
Instron® hydraulic side-acting grips are an innovative solution for high capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability and operator safety over traditional grip designs. These grips maintain a constant clamping force on the specimen that acts perpendicular to the direction of testing and is independent of tensile loading.
- 1.1 MB