Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear (eyeglasses, sunglasses) being able to withstand impact forces?
Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
We have an opportunity to work from home in the Greater Toronto, ON area for a highly motivated person whose work will reflect Instron’s commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Travel daily to customer sites to perform a variety of services including calibration, preventative maintenance, repair, and installation, on a wide range of Instron’s products.
- Submit daily/weekly field reports, documenting all activity at the customer site as well as weekly/monthly expense reports.
- Ensure safe job practices are followed.
- You will have regional responsibility for servicing customers mainly in the Southwest Ontario area in the following industries: automotive and raw materials.
- Up to 40% overnight travel required and some occasional travel to other locations in Canada may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER:
- 2- or 4-year technical degree from an accredited university and knowledge of electro–mechanical systems. Equivalent military/trade school training may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret basic technical information involving mechanics and electronics is needed and familiarity with PC’s including operating systems and Windows applications.
- This role requires a high level of autonomy, as well as superior organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Prior field service experience strongly preferred.
- Experience performing preventative or corrective maintenance on servo hydraulic systems preferred
- Experience with materials testing preferred, but not required
- Experience delivering hands on and classroom training on topics technical in nature preferred
- Automation systems experience is a plus
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. We offer:
- Competitive hourly pay
- Company vehicle, paid training, cell phone, laptop, tablet, and tools.
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
To apply for this position, please send your resume to [email protected]. Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.