Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips, 600kN
W-5410 | Hydraulic Dual Side Acting Grips
Capacity 600kN (135,000 lbf, 60,000 kgf)
Set of 600kN Dual Side Acting Hydraulic Grips. Both sides of the grip are powered. Patent-pending DuraSync® design allows opposing clamping surfaces to travel in a synchronized motion to provide automatic on-center clamping of specimens. Capable of testing slightly bent or irregular specimens such as rebar or wire rod. Includes grip clamp/un-clamp/neutral controls on ergonomic handset.
- Flats: 0 - 100 mm (0 - 3.94 in) thick x 110 mm (4.33 in) wide
- Rounds: 3 - 60 mm (0.12 - 2.36 in) diameter
Theoretical minimum specimen length is 230 mm (9.06 in) for standard specimens. Theoretical minimum specimen length is without the use of an extensometer, with zero clearance between upper and lower grips, and can be test frame dependent.
Ambient temperature use only
Upper and Lower Fittings: Type IIAfRH (M72 x 3)
Weight per Grip Body: 385 kg (850 lbs)
Grip Assembly Dimensions: W x L x D: 705 mm (27.75 in) x 376 mm (14.80 in) x 334 mm (13.16 in)
Effective Length per assembly using standard interface kit: 470 mm (18.50 in)
Grip faces sold separately: Use W-5411, W-5412 series grip faces for standard specimens
- Hydraulic hoses, manifolds and mounting hardware when purchased with a new KPX/KX testing system are provided. (Select mounting options corresponding to load frame and test space option of the machine grips are to be used on. Consult IPG Business Team for all other applications.)
- Order mounting kit matching frame model test opening configuration See W-5410-*.
- Catalog Number W-5410 600kN grips are not capable of standard cable/wire testing or thru zero type tests. See Catalog Number W-5420 600kN Premium Grips and corresponding accessories for these applications.
- CAUTION! When testing slightly bent or curved specimens, clamping side load imbalances in excess of 6 kN (1,350 lbf) will likely damage the grips.
- Separate Pump (2718-333 with E2 option) is required to be quoted with grips on EM system.
|Accessory Weight||385 kg (850 lb)|
|Accessory Width||705 mm (27.8 in)|
|Capacity||600 kN (135,000 lbf)|
|Lower Effective Length||376 mm (14.8 in)|
|Lower Fitting||Type IIA (M72 × 3P RHf) or Bolt Flange|
|Temperature Rating||+10 to +50°C (+50 to +120°F)|
|Upper Effective Length||376 mm (14.8 in)|
|Upper Fitting||Type IIA (M72 x 3P RHf) or Bolt Flange (M72 × 3P RHf) or Bolt Flange|
- Jaw Faces for Flats (Serrated, 20 TPI, 0 - 55 mm)
- Jaw faces for flats (Serrated- 20 TPI, 50 - 100 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Flats (V-Serrated. 20 TPI, 3 - 10 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Flats (V-Serrated 20 TPI, 10 - 35 mm)
- Jaw Faces for Flats (V-Serrated. 10 TPI, 35 - 60 mm)
- Insert Set for Cable size 4.8 mm (0.1875 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 5.6mm (0.2188 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 6.4mm (0.25 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 7.1mm (0.2813 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 7.9mm (0.3125 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 9.5mm (0.375 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 11.1mm (0.4375 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 12.7mm (0.50 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 14.3mm (0.5625 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 15.2mm (0.5938 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 15.7mm (0.625 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 19.1mm (0.75 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 22.2mm (0.875 in.)
- Insert Set for Cable size 25.4mm (1.00 in in.)
Instron® hydraulic side-acting grips are an innovative solution for high capacity testing and deliver enhanced gripping performance, usability and operator safety over traditional grip designs. These grips maintain a constant clamping force on the specimen that acts perpendicular to the direction of testing and is independent of tensile loading.
- 1.1 MB