5980 Series Universal Testing System | Up to 600 kN Force Capacity
The 5980 Series electromechanical universal testing systems have a force capacity range of up to 600 kN and can perform tensile, compression, bend, peel, shear, tear, creep, and cyclic tests on all raw materials and finished goods. These testing instruments are engineered for precision, built for durability, and offer flexibility for changing requirements. They are designed with features that increase testing efficiency and improve the testing experience for the operator.
These floor model universal testing machines feature a robust, heavy-duty frame that is commonly used for testing high-strength metals and alloys, advanced composites, aerospace and automotive structures, bolts, fasteners, and plate steels. A key advantage of the 5980 Series is the stiffness of the frame that is especially important when testing high-strength materials such as aerospace composites, metal alloys, and crystalline polymers. Pre-loaded bearings and precision ball screws, a thick crosshead and base beam, and low-stretch drive belts contribute to better performance by producing more accurate modulus and strain values, and minimizing the energy stored during a test.
- Load measurement accuracy to +/-0.5% of reading down to 1/1000 of load cell capacity and fast, synchronized data acquisition rates up to 2,500 points per second.
- Meets or exceeds requirements of all national and international standards; namely ISO, ASTM, BS, DIN, EN, and AFNOR.
- Thousands of accessories to meet test requirements in almost any application or industry: biomedical, automotive, electronics, plastics, metals, composites, elastomers, aerospace, textiles, and many more.
- Supported by the largest global service organization in the industry; delivering high-quality calibrations, training, preventative maintenance, and technical support.
- Ergonomic handset with a fine position adjustment wheel, two programmable softkeys, start, stop and return functions, and variable speed jog.
- Equipped with our latest static testing software, Bluehill® Universal, and optional operator dashboard built to optimize your interaction with Bluehill Universal's touch interface.
- Testing with Bluehill Universal helps to ensure compliance with the latest revision of testing standards while also simplifying workflows.
- Instron® Remote Technical Support (RTS), powered by Instron Connect is built into Bluehill Universal leverages the Internet of Things (IoT) to bring customers even faster, more streamlined technical support.
- Operator safety is an integral component of all Instron test systems and has lead to the creation of features such as E-stop, dual limit switches, optional debris shields, and pneumatic grip jaw-face shields to reduce pinch hazards.
- Specimen Protect prevents excessive forces from being applied to the specimen during setup, protecting your critical specimens from damage.
- 5980 Series frames automatically detect and stop at maximum load cell capacity to prevent damage to the load cell, system, or accessories.
|Force Capacity||400 kN||600 kN|
|Vertical Test Space||2050 mm||2000 mm|
|Horizontal Test Space||762 mm||762 mm|
|Testing Speed Range Min-Max (Return)||0.0001-508 (508) mm/min||0.0001-508 (508) mm/min|
|Height||3128 mm||3128 mm|
|Width This is the system footprint width. The Operator Dashboard monitor may add 300 mm (12 in) to the overall width of the frame.||1594 mm||1594 mm|
|Depth||964 mm||964 mm|
Instron® high force universal testing machines perform tensile, compression, bend, peel, tear, and other mechanical tests on materials and products to ASTM, ISO, and other industry standards. These systems are available in a range of sizes and maximum force capacities. From electromechanical systems used to test high-strength metals and advanced composites to static-hydraulic systems for testing materials used in civil infrastructure, Instron has systems suitable for all applications.
- 3.9 MB
Bluehill Universal Software is built from the ground-up for touch interaction and an intuitive user experience. Discover simpler and smarter testing with features such as pre-loaded test methods, QuickTest in seconds, enhanced data exporting: and Instron Connect – a new feature that provides a direct communication link to Service. Users of previous versions of software such as Bluehill 2 and Bluehill 3 can easily upgrade to the newest version of Bluehill.
- 4.4 MB