1200°C Three-Zone Split Tube Furnace with a Side Entry Extensometer Port
The Instron 3119-160 is a 3 Zone Split Tube Furnace with a side entry extensometer port. It is manufactured with a wire-wound element for maximum operation up to 1200°C (2200°F). The elements are uniquely formed to provide optimum temperature uniformity, ensuring conformance with testing standards such as ASTM E21, ISO 6892-2, EN10002-5,and EN2002-2. Top and bottom furnace end plates are provided, designed to be durable and provide excellent insulation. They include a 20mm (0.787in) diameter hole for use with pull rods.
To ensure operator safety the furnace uses high-grade insulation that does not use Refractory Ceramic Fiber (RCF). To prevent burns, the furnace has a protective shield which makes minimal contact with the furnace to prevent heat transfer, meaning that the external surfaces are not excessively hot during normal operation.
Type K thermocouples with miniature plugs are mounted on the center line in the center of each heated zone. To prevent costly replacements of damaged thermocouples, there is a quick release connection on the outside of the furnace. Should damage occur, it is a simple replacement instead of a complex installation.
Features & Benefits
- Split furnace - Makes loading and removing specimen load strings fast and easy.
- Wide temperature range - Capable of maintaining stable temperature control from 200-1050°C (392°F-1922°F)*
- Fast heating rate with minimal overshoot* - reducing time needed to soak specimens prior to testing.
- Extensometer Port - Allowing simple attachment of side entry extensometers for common gauge length and travel requirements
- Testing Standards - Enabling compliance with common elevated temperature testing standards such as: ASTM E21, ISO 6892-2, EN10002-5, EN2002-2.
- Heat shield - Increases operator safety preventing contact with hot areas of furnace.
- Thermocouples connections outside the furnace - Simplifying replacement if thermocouples cables are damaged.
- Standard Instron mountings - Backwards compatible with all existing accessories.
*When combined with 3119-960 Furnace Controller
|Number of Heating Zones||3|
|Specimen Temperature Range||200-1050°C (392-1922°F)|
|Overall Heated Length||300mm (11.81in)|
|Thermocouples||3 type K with miniature plugs, located in the center of each zone|
|Interior Diameter||75mm (2.95in)|
|Interior Length||Zone 1/2/3 are equal in size and are 100mm (3.937in) in length|
|Exterior Length||350mm (13.7in) (394.2mm (15.52in) (including insulation end plates)|
|Exterior Diameter||254mm (10in) (272.4mm (10.72in) with perforated heat shield)|
|Extensometer Front Slot||12.7 x 76.2mm (0.5 x 3in)|
|所要電源||Determined by Controller (Furnace can be connected for 110V in parallel and 220v if connected in series)|
|Rated Power||Each zone is 613 Watts (whether in 220v or 110v configuration)|
The Instron 3119-160 is a 3 Zone Split Tube Furnace with a side entry extensometer port. It is manufactured with a wire-wound element for maximum operation up to 1200°C (2200°F). The elements are uniquely formed to provide optimum temperature uniformity, ensuring conformance with testing standards such as ASTM E21, ISO 6892-2, EN10002-5, and EN2002-2.
- 0.7 MB