ISO 18489 Cracked Round Bar Test Method
In long term applications of thermoplastic materials such as polyethylene (PE) pipes or fittings it is important to rank and pre-select materials based on their resistance to long-term failure mechanics as a result of slow crack growth (SCG). Developments in modern raw materials has led to a significant increase in resistance of PE to crack initiation and SCG so that testing with previous methods exceeded practical time frames. ISO 18489 achieves a significant reduction in testing time at ambient temperatures more relevant to the temperature range of many applications and that do not change the structural status of the polymer. Acceleration of material testing is achieved by specimen geometry and cyclic loading regime resulting in a relatively short test time.
CHALLENGE - TESTING TO ISO18489 CRACKED ROUND BAR TEST METHOD
- Need to determine long-term failure mechanics as a result of crack initiation and slow crack growth
- Cylindrical specimens notched and cyclically loaded to failure, avoid static loading pre-test, may cause creep at notch tip
- Number of cycles to failure recorded as function of stress range
SOLUTION - ELECTROPULS E3000 - DETERMINATION OF RESISTANCE TO SLOW CRACK GROWTH UNDER CYCLIC LOADING
- Capable of imposing and recording cyclic load varied by time between accurately defined limits, constant values +/- 1%
- Determines resistance of PE material to slow growing brittle cracks
- Quickly predict life expectancy of pipe
- Custom fixture designed and developed with customer
THE INSTRON ADVANTAGE
- Multiple operators produce repeatable and reliable results, made possible with the patented stiffness based tuning
- ElectroPuls is a reliable test instrument that can be run uninterrupted with no need to stop and restart, saving time and hassle of preparing new samples
- Confidence in data through accurate loading during test across a range of frequencies
With more than ten years of running tests over billions of cycles, ElectroPuls systems are the established materials testing instruments using patented linear motor technology. Offering slow-speed static and high-frequency fatigue testing, this versatile testing capability means ElectroPuls systems are ideal for any lab or office space. Choose from axial only or combined axial-torsion systems that can deliver up to 10kN and 100Nm.
- 1.9 MB
ElectroPuls E1000 기계식 피로시험기는 광범위한 재료와 부품에 대한 동적(dynamic) 및 정적(static) 시험을 수행하기 위해 설계된 최신 기계식 피로 시험기입니다. +/- 1000N의 dynamic 하중 용량과 +/- 710N의 static 하중 용량을 지원하는 이 시험기는 시편 강성(stiffness)에 기반을 둔 손쉬운 튜닝이 가능하며, 전기적으로 작동하는 크로스헤드 리프트, 편리한 시험 set up을 위한 T-슬롯 테이블 등 최신 시험 기술이 포함되어 있습니다. 이 시험기는 추가적인 utility가 필요 없으며 편리하게 단상전원에 의해 구동됩니다.
- 0.5 MB