ISO 14125 Flexural Properties of Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Composites
ISO 14125 is a test method to determine flexure properties of fiber-reinforced plastic composites. There are two methods used, Method A for a three-point flexure test and Method B for a four-point flexure test. There are four material classes, Class I – IV, which define the specimen length, span, width, and thickness. The standard requires deflection measurement not exceed +/- 1% error of full scale. The 2810-400 bend fixture is fully compliant with these requirements.
The challenges of testing to this standard:
- Flexural strain measurement
- Repeatability of calculations
- Reporting calculations in compliance with the standard
- Flexural strain measurement – There are two methods for reporting strain that are compliant with ISO 14125: a clip-on extensometer attached to a deflectometer plunger, or the AutoX - both options offer the accuracy to measure flexural modulus.
- Repeatability of calculations – When setting up the test, having an adequate preload is highly recommended to ensure accurate and consistent strain measurements. How much force is applied to the specimen prior to starting the test directly impacts the repeatability of calculations such as flexural modulus. Alternatively, a slack correction, also referred to as a tow compensation, can be used to ensure that the calculations are performed on the appropriate section of the testing data.
- Reporting calculations in compliance with the standard – Bluehill® Universal testing software has advanced pre-built methods available with pre-configured plastic specific calculations helping to ensure compliance.
It is important to review ISO 14125 in order to fully understand the test setup, procedure, and results requirements.
The 2810-400 flexure fixture allows a variety of flexural tests to be performed, including determination of flexural modulus,flexural strength and flexural yield strength. Easy-to-install, the three-point fixture can be modified with an optional conversion kit to provide a four-point bending conversion
- 0.7 MB
Instron 6800 Series Universal Testing Systems provide unparalleled accuracy and reliability. Built on a patent-pending Operator Protect system architecture with an all-new Smart-Close Air Kit and Collision Mitigation features, the 6800 Series makes materials testing simpler, smarter, and safer than ever before.
- 3.2 MB
As máquinas de ensaios universais da série 3400 foram projetadas para realizar ensaios de tração, compressão, flexão, adesão (peel), perfuração, COF, cisalhamento e muito mais.
- 2.8 MB
Catálogo do Bluehill Universal em PT-BR
- 2.6 MB
Available for tensile, flexural, and compression testing, Instron® TestMaster Automated Testing Solutions can improved the safety and productivity of testing for a wide range of materials and specimen sizes.
- 3.6 MB