EN12430 Point Compression of Thermal Insulation
The challenges of testing to this standard are:
- Performing a compression test according to the specifications of the standard
- Recording the required amount of data points to capture the critical point of the curve accurately
- Ensuring only axial loading is introduced to the specimen
- Performing the tests according to the specifications of the standard - Instron engineers have designed a custom compression fixture in order to adhere to the stringent geometric requirements of the compression platens as stated in EN 12430.
- Recording the required amount of data points - Instron's Bluehill® Universal testing software allows the user to adjust the data sampling rate of the software, up to 1 kHz, in order to capture the most data points. With the advanced perfomance option available on 5900 series frames, a data sampling rate of up to 2.5 kHz can be used.
- Ensuring axial loading - The top compression platen is spherically seated allowing it to maintain full contact with the specimen and ensure only axial loading is transmitted to the insulation material.
It is important to review EN 12430 in order to fully understand the test setup, procedure, and results requirements.
Catálogo do Bluehill Universal em PT-BR
- 2.6 MB
Instron 6800 Series Universal Testing Systems provide unparalleled accuracy and reliability. Built on a patent-pending Operator Protect system architecture with an all-new Smart-Close Air Kit and Collision Mitigation features, the 6800 Series makes materials testing simpler, smarter, and safer than ever before.
- 3.6 MB
As máquinas de ensaios universais da série 3400 foram projetadas para realizar ensaios de tração, compressão, flexão, adesão (peel), perfuração, COF, cisalhamento e muito mais.
- 2.8 MB